This salad was originally made for runner’s to replenish after a hard workout. It’s a great source of antioxidants, vitamins and trace minerals from the dulse seaweed.
- 3/4 cup avocado, 1/2” cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato, 3/8” cubes
- 1/3 cup green or red pepper, 1/8” x 1/2”
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped onion or scallion
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon crushed dulse or 1/3 teaspoon granulated kelp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
This makes a substantial meal by itself or for additional energy have a slice of whole grain or Ezekiel sprouted grain bread with it.
Cut each vegetable in a consistent size as noted above. Layer vegetables in the order given on a plate or shallow bowl. Drizzle oil and vinegar over salad just before serving.
- Serve as a wrap in a tortilla or lettuce leaf or in a pita pocket
- For a good dose of trace minerals sprinkle liberally with dulse or kelp if you are used to the seaweed flavor.