Yogurt is another great “GO TO” meal since it’s quick and easy and you can prepare it ahead time. Best to add the nuts or seeds shortly before you eat it.
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) yogurt
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons walnuts or chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup apple, pear, peach or berries
Preparation and Serving
Cut fruit and nuts into small pieces. Mix all of ingredients together and serve. For a heartier meal add a piece of whole grain bread.
- Try different combinations of fruit, nuts and seeds – peaches, raspberries, banana, pumpkin seeds or cashews.
- Organic yogurts are best – a few brands are Strauss, Nancy’s and Horizon; good non-organic yogurts are Alta Dena and Mountain High.
- If you are getting used to plain yogurt, try putting fruit in the bottom of the bowl with the yogurt on top the night before. In the morning the natural fruit sugars will have added more sweetness to the yogurt. You can also add stevia or a bit of honey or agave.
- If you need more carbs add a piece of whole grain bread with butter or nut butter.